In today’s episode of The Daily Sweat Podcast I’m chatting with Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach Tyson LaForest of LIFT Performance. Tyson is a local trainer and I’ve had the pleasure of connecting with him a few times, and he’s a great guy. We have a great conversation about the problems with today’s fitness industry, why we need to take a holistic approach when it comes to lifestyle transformation, and how we can transition from hardcore carnivores to conscious vegans.
Key Points of Discussion
- How training can influence your mood, mindset, and happiness.
- The three pillars of fitness that are necessary for success inside and outside the gym.
- How and why movement can and should be simple (including his favorite moves!)
- How much is enough and the importance of taking time to recharge
- Getting started with meditation and how shifting your mindset can help you inside and outside the gym
- How our society glorifies stress and why it’s not a good thing
- Tips and tricks to ease into veganism and living a life of more compassion
- Problems in the fitness industry
- The importance of connecting with like-minded people, celebrating your clients and creating a community
- “You’re going to have your highs, you’re going to have your lows, but in the end, it’s just a ride and you just have to enjoy it”
- “[Happiness] just opens up that positive energy, you ride with it, you go with the momentum- you don’t know where it’s going to take you but it’s exciting.”
- “If you’re not dealing with the root factor, and you’re constantly in this stress zone, your metabolism stops working and progress just halts…Focusing on mindset and breathing is a great start for anyone dealing with a lot.”
- “The hardest part about it, is that self-work you have to do, to figure out what is your why and why are you here.”
- “With me, what I want to do with my business, is to build a community that supports and celebrates people just trying to elevate their lives
The Oxygen Advantage – Patrick McKeown
The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom – Don Miguel Ruiz
Connect with Ariana
Free Facebook Community: https://facebook.com/groups/dailysweat
Fitness | Health | Personal Training | Plant-Based Nutrition