In today’s solo episode of The Daily Sweat Podcast, I’m chatting about how to navigate the challenges that come with living your life on your terms.
Have you ever tried to make a shift in your health, only to have friends and loved ones push back? Or have you tried to start a new venture or take on a new challenge, and experienced ridicule or questioning from others as a result?
Today we’re going to take a deep dive into navigating that, so you can confidently move towards creating a life you love, without worrying about what other people will think.
Key Points of Discussion:
- Embracing slowness and meeting your body where it’s at, especially during the winter months
- Not allowing other people’s views and lack of understanding influence you on your own journey
- Understanding your WHY – on whatever journey you are on
- Recognizing and analyzing your trigger points
- Being selective when sharing your thoughts and goals
- Living life on YOUR own terms
- “I would really encourage you to explore, if there’s even just a tiny part of you that has a visceral reaction at the notion of slowing down, just listen to it. How can you give yourself just a little bit of extra space?”
- “We can not forge our own path and live our lives in the ways we are expected to live, to please other people, and then we won’t have to deal with the uncomfortable questioning and statements from others, but we will have to deal with the discomfort of not living a life that is aligned with our true values.”
- “Your why is what gives you purpose, gives you meaning and gives you something to anchor yourself to when people are shitting on you.”
- “We can’t change other people, we can just change the way we respond to them.”
Personal Development | Wellness